I love trees, plain and simple.
They make me happy.
I am a creature of the earth and never feel comfortable when in the air or water, thus I feel a special kinship with trees whose roots keep them from wandering to places that are not home, interesting though those places may be.
Although I seem to have found myself trotting the globe, Louisiana always calls me home, where I am welcomed by the pines, magnolias, and cypresses that are ubiquitous in my home state.
Click the links below for more on my wooded friends if you, too, are a “Tree Person.”
- A Year in the Life of My River Birch
- Tall Tallow Tree
- Rainy Sunset Burnishes the Treetops
- Kieffer Pear Trees
- Planting Trees on Super Bowl Sunday
- Dream Trees
- Trees of Metz, France
- The Trees of St. Mihiel
- Silver Trees of Champagne
- Tree in Chartres
- Winter Trees in Breckenridge, Colorado
- Mississippi Welcome Center Trees
- “Trees” by Joyce Kilmer and Trees at Oise-Aisne American Cemetery, France
- Springtime Trees at Trocadero and Champ de Mars
- More Than a Coconut Tree
- Tree on Avenue Gabriel at Dusk
- Trees Hugged by Spanish Moss
- Trees in Paris on a Rainy Morning
- Trees in Paris at Dawn
- Trees in Belgium
- Tree Stump
- It Snowed Today in Paris
- Weeping Widow
- Tree at Twilight in Paris
- Warm Winter Trees