It’s been a while since I have posted one of Mawmaw’s recipes. Tonight I wanted to prepare something special for my beautiful daughter and something new for my precious granddaughter. Hmmm. What could that be? I searched the freezer and discovered some lump crabmeat that needed to be enjoyed. So, here you have Maw’s recipe for stuffed crabs, which is just right on this blustery autumn day.
Louisiana Stuffed Crabs
Yield: 6 servings
Minced – 1 stalk celery, 3 cloves garlic, 1/4 onion
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
1 cup bread crumbs, 1 egg, salt, pepper, 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, 1 teaspoon dried herbs de Provence
2 cups lump crabmeat
juice of 1 lemon
Olive oil to coat shells.
1/2 cup shredded cheese as a garnish. (I use gruyère.)
- Mix crab, egg, seasonings, and breadcrumbs in a bowl.
- Melt butter over medium heat, then sauté vegetables until soft.
- Add crabmeat mixture. Toss to coat with vegetables.
- Add lemon juice, and toss to coat.
- Stuff into greased crab shells or ramekins.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes, until browned.
Bon appétit !