I haven’t shared any of MawMaw‘s recipes lately. Sometimes I don’t want to illustrate, narrate, or photograph my life, I just want to live it. And then sometimes, I feel the need to share.
Here is another one of MawMaw’s fabulous down-home recipes. It can be prepared as a side dish or a plat principal – it’s a one-pot wonder that contains everything you need for a balanced meal.
1 lb. sausage, bacon, or other smoked meat
1 chopped onion
1 chopped stalk celery
2 quarts water or vegetable broth
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
salt and pepper to taste
1 lb. fresh green beans
1-2 lbs. red potatoes (diced or whole)
- Brown smoked meat over medium heat.
- Saute onion and celery in meat fat for about 5 minutes or until onions are transparent.
- Add water or broth.
- Add rosemary, salt, pepper, green beans, and potatoes.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium low.
- Cover pot and simmer for about 30 minutes or until potatoes can be pierced easily with a fork.
It’s as easy as that. Tasty tasty!