As promised, here is the recipe for Key Lime Pie. This is the world’s easiest pie to make!
- 1 13-oz. can condensed, sweetened milk
- 2 eggs – separated (yolks are for the filling, whites are for the meringue)
- 1/2 cup lime juice (fresh or from concentrate)
- 6 T sugar (for the meringue)
- 1/2 t cream of tartar (for the meringue)
Optional Step: Zest the limes and set aside as a garnish after the pie is baked.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
With an electric mixer, blend the condensed milk, egg yolks, and lime juice on medium for about 1 minute.
Now let’s make the meringue.
Perfect summer dessert!